6.10.2010

Chef Brookes Natural Cafe: Ft. Myers FL.







SO, It's been a while since my last post/review. I've been in Fort Myers (visiting the family/friends) for a bit trying to figure out some things make some decisions about my life. Kind of a vacation. Now I have to say that when you first glance at Fort Myers you expect to find no delicious vegan healthy food, thats only if you don't know Chef Brooke. The previous chef at Adas Cafe ( closed down) she's opened her own cafe. "Chef Brookes Organic Cafe" She offers amazing vegan food from tempeh, tofu egg salad, hummus, salads, sandwhiches, wraps, you name it she has it! She also caters to some meat eaters with healthy dishes like chicken stir fry. curry chicken salad, and an amazing variety of soups everyday! On top of all of that healthy food she offers a case of baked goods, with desserts suitable for gluten free eaters, vegans, sugar free, or the people who want the full sugar savory desserts. She also makes fresh juices, and smoothies! Her food is beautiful much like a work of art ( almost to good to eat...almost;)} Rest assured a visit to Brookes and your stomach will be forever happy! For my review today I couldn't possibly review all of the amazing food I've tasted from Brooke over the years so Ill start of with "Raw Hummus" - I have no idea what she puts in this stuff but its addictive, this has to be the most amazing hummus I've ever eaten. Don't let the "raw" scare you into not trying this! She also has a bit of south of the border cooking- which is what I call her "Tempeh Burrito" Filled with Veggies, Pinto Beans, a side of Vegan Sour Cream what else could you ask for. She also puts some of her delicious vegan cole slaw and potato salad to finish you off!. The thing I love about the food I eat at Brookes is that it is clean, light, and so healthy for you. Dessert for me was the Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffin, and as if it wasn't already delicious enough my great friend Brooke poured hot Vegan Chocolate Sauce on top. YUM. Nothing better than Pumpkin and Chocolate is there? So if you ever find yourself wandering the streets of fort myers looking for a healthy organic cafe.. Def. stop at:


Chef Brookes Natural Cafe
1850 Boy Scout Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33907-2127
(239)332-2433

. Friend her on Facebook!
Peace, Love, and Vegan Food,

KRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment