7.24.2010

Sacred Chow/Whole Earth Bakery: NYC

Breakfast Sandwich ( $12.75)

Chocolate Crisp ( $4.00)
So this post is a little late off but lets go ahead and do it. Let me say if your looking for a great place for a weekend brunch in NYC head on over to Sacred Chow on Sullivan Street ( west 4 area).  Today for brunch I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich($12.75)- which was phenomenal! A soft soy buttermilk biscuit filled with tofu scramble & tempeh strips served with fresh fruit ( or a garden salad or steamed greans. for Gluten Free you can get a corn tortilla) Im not sure what words to use to describe this.. All I can tell you is to try it yourself - you wont be sorry. Everything was fresh, hot and delicious:)

Chocolate Blondie ( $4.00)
After this scrumptious brunch I had to head over to Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen on St. Marks Place not to far by subway. This place is all vegan/organic/no sugar... I ordered 3 different things and tasted each ( I had to try this and put it up against Babycakes- can you even do that?!)  First I tried the Chocolate Chewy - which basically can be summed up as a Chocolate Blondie ($4.00)- It was my favorite of the 3 ordered ( doesn't touch Babycakes just let me say that) It's so hot in the city that by the time I got to a starbucks to enjoy the treats the chocolate had melted but that made it gooey and yum:)  Let me not that is one thing there really is no place to sit in this place, and no a.c. so I would take it to go. Second on the list was the Chocoalte Crispy($4). Pretty much a Chocolate Rice Crispy snack (vegan of course sans the sugar. ) It was alright a little bland.. Third was something a little more ordinary the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie($2.75) which once again was good nothing mouth watering. All in all I most likely came in pretty biased since Im a lover of Chef Brookes in Fort Myers and Babycakes here in NYC. That being said these little goodies weren't  quite as flavorful as I would have liked them to be, but still a light decadent dessert on a hot day.. Thats all for now. Eat good, green and healthy:)
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie ( $2.75)

Peace, Love, and Vegan Food,

Kris

Sacred Chow:
227 Sullivan Street
212.337.0863
11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
http://sacredchow.com/

Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen:
130 Saint Marks Place ( 8th St.)
212.677.7597
info@wholeearthbakery.com
http://www.wholeearthbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment