8.15.2010

Let me start of by saying this is not a blog about food ( the picture says it all right?)


Just letting you few faithful readers ( I have a few don't I?) who enjoy the different food pictures and blogs why I haven't been out and about eating and reviewing for your enjoyment. one simple, horrible, terrible word that I've come to hate more than maybe any other word in the last 10 days ..ready?.. PNEUMONIA. ugh:/ I havent been sick in about 5 years but about 3 days after being back in NYC I started feeling horrible ( I honestly don't remember the first few days of it.. 105 degree fever, chills,cough, weakness.. I won't go into anymore detail but basically any symptom you can get with pneumonia I had). Which  needless to say put my eating out ( eating anything in general) and reviewing on a bit of a hold. Fortunatly my mom was in NY with me at the time but ended up having to be back in FL, so I flew down here to get back on my feet. I am glad to say that all my symptoms are gone after some heavy antibiotics and I'm feeling 100%  better. The worst part about it though is getting back into my workout routine. Im a pretty hardcore runner ( everyday) and it's been difficult hitting the miles and pushing and getting my strength back but I am, and am pretty much back. Just trying to rest and build back up my strength then head back to NYC. Im trying to look at the bright side of things here... Im a pusher, and honestly I sometimes push myself to much with a strenuous daily work out that I havent given myself a break from in the past 5 years basically.. this forced me to be completely down about 6 days total ( then of course I was back at the gym working to get back to normal)  a few days of couch time ( with light yoga and what not at home except the days of suffering :/ ) with really no control over my body or routine or situation. Ordered some take out ( when was able to eat) , cooked some nice meals, watched some movies with mom.  I enjoyed that part { and only that part}. Now that Pneumonia has come and gone though it is back to the normal but not without a little more appreciation for my body and health and my mom for taking such good care of me:) Alrighty so Im sure this blog was pretty boring compared to amazing food pictures but I had to let you in on what was going down lately. I should be back to reviews soon so keep looking out:). Eat Clean, live healthy friends.

Peace, Love, and Vegan Food,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment