4.20.2010

Sacred Chow: NYC




So today I hit a good place for lunch. I don't go to often, but maybe I should:) Sacred Chow is on Sullivan Street downtown between west 3rd and Bleeker ( right across the street from the Peanut Butter and Co.) a small cozy little vegan cafe with lots of different soys. They have so many tapas to choose from. Today I got the 4 Seasons Salad with apple slices, beets, carrots, and crunchy yuba strips ( tofu skin) with a dijon dressing along with the Orange Blackstrap BBQ Seitan with onions for some good protein. The Salad only $9.95 was HUGE! I ended up taking half home for later .. This salad was so good- the yuba strips are nice and crunchy with fresh veggies to go with. The Seitan was also really really good. I love seitan and they did it justice for sure:) I also got an order of the Mama soy meatballs with sicillian sauce to go - these are super good had them before and there really yummy. Of course I had a green ice tea to go with:). Great food, healthy, lots of choices. . I would recommend this place if your a vegan goo roo otherwise you might not understand the menu all that well:)

Peace, Love and Vegan Food,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment