5.04.2010

Swami's/Lotus Cafe: Encinitas CA.






So today we took a relaxing day here in CA. and heading south to Encinitas California ( just before San Diego) for my moms birthday .. since she use to live there and we BOTH love it! . I have to say that Encinitas is one of my favorite little towns in California, its full of surfers and little " shack shop" type stores.. don't take my word though visit yourself:). I think one of the big draws for Encinitas ( at least for me) is Swami Cafe right along Highway 101 just before the beach. This little hole in the wall surf shack serves some of the best and healthiest food around! It's my favorite spot to eat when Im in Encinitas( which will be more frequently since I live in LA) it's only about 1 hour and 45 minutes away ( without traffic.. ha ) lovely drive along the way though so I enjoyed it. Back to the food... We ordered 2 of our favorite menu items at swamis We each got a small Acai Bowl - which is the most delicious thing on the menu.. yes, you can find acai bowls at other little shops, but they DON'T compare to Swamis trust me. This bowl is like a thick acai smoothie, topped off with banana slices, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries,strawberries, homemade granola, bee pollen, and coconut( i substitute for extra granola as Im not a big coconut fan) . I could eat this every single day of my life, never have I put something so good and healthy in my mouth, It's good on a nice hot day a cold day, oh heck ANY day:) We then split the Organic Whole Grain Belgian Waffle with Strawberries and Soy Bacon.. There Waffles are thick and grainy and delicious , topped with the fresh strawberries you can't go wrong. The soy bacon comes hot and crispy. This place is #1 so definitely stop in if you get a chance to hit Encinitas:) Then a few doors down we found "The Lotus Cafe" where we thought we would find a delicious vegan dessert to go with some tea, we were right. Found a chocolate cupcake and a carrot cake and split. These were some of the most decadent vegan cupcakes I have ever put in my mouth , I could drink the frosting it was like pure cream, and moist batter. All in all a fabulous day spent with my mom! She's heading out friday, and then shipping my car up which will be great! Life is good here on the West Coast:)

Peace, Love and Vegan Food,

Kris

www.swamis.signonsandiego.com
www.lotuscafeandjuicebar.com


No comments:

Post a Comment