5.09.2010

Manis: WeHo CA.






Today was a great day. I didn't make it to church because I don't have a car but soon I will ha. Today I went to The Grove to do a little shopping which was great really busy but fun, also hit the farmers market.. I love Farmers Markets so I really enjoyed my day. :) I also tried a new spot for lunch which i'll be going back to because the food was amazing! Mani's Bakery on Fairfax is a great healthy restaurant with breakfast served all day and lunch , and delicious breads and pastries. They offer the biggest vegan dessert menu ( fruit sweetened) I have ever seen.. from pies, to cookies, cupcakes, cakes, truffles, and turnovers. So many choices for dessert but also so many choices for the main meal. They aren't entirely vegan so it's a great place to meet friends who aren't vegan, but still enjoy having a healthy meal:) After a while of debating what I was going to eat for lunch I ended up having " the classic" which I had with Seitan and tempeh bacon with a tangy sauce, lettuce, tomato, I also added pickles and onions.. they have a lot of sides to choose from but I ended up getting a small caesar salad with mind. There were a few bread choices to choose from but I got the Whole Wheat bread- it came lightly toasted and this was a delicious sandwich one of the best. The salad went with it and all around it was delicious. So after that I had to decide what I was going to try for dessert they had a BOGO ( buy one get one) on the fruit sweetened Vegan cookies so I got a chocolate chip chocolate dipped cookie and a chocolate chip cookie since it was BOGO to have for later. I also tried the Peanut Butter Cupcake. These desserts were amazing. Some of the best I've tasted in my vegan tastings:) I would definitely recommend trying this place if you get the chance, just a cute casual place in WeHo but the food will take your breathe away:)

www. ManisBakery.com

Peace, Love, and Vegan Food,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment