9.09.2009

Dear Wednesday, thank you. You exceeded my expectation of being better than yesterday.


So today was a pretty eventful day:) Starting off let me say the weather was gorgeous and has been the past few days:) Breezy, light sun..lovely.
I'll start off with the morning, of course went to the gym which was nice, discovered that a women i thought was a little strange is actually one of the nicest people there and made me feel at home for the first time I had been there. Lesson 1 for me today: don't forget never judge a book by its cover. So worked out and what not, then I was taking my normal route back home down 9th avenue up 42nd when some creeper walks up to me and he has a plastic little knife in his hand and he says " hey, how old are you" i was just like "18" he thought i said 16 but I just kept walking so a few feet away another guy in normal clothes comes up to me flashes his badge { he's clearly an undercover cop} and says " hey what did he say to you" so i told him and moved on.. as I'm walking I see all these cop cars "profiling" the area. I just kept on walking back to my apartment.. guess we'll never know. Lesson 2 for me today: If you meet 1 really nice person in nyc you'll meet 10 creepers to make up for them . haha} so that was my morning. Eventful? indeed!

So after that I had to go to the Apple store to get my Ipod all synced with my computer on the way I walked by Fox Studios{love}, Radio City, The Wall Street Journal, and CBS any ways..as I'm coming out of their right across from the street which is Central park "Sex and the City 2" is filming with Sarah Jessica Parker right there! It was pretty cool to see all the camera, behind the scenes stuff, and Sarah Jessica Parker. I have to admit though I don't watch Sex and the City and I still wont but movie sets are pretty sweet no matter what movie it is. Lesson 3 for me today: Yes movie business has a lot of glamour but don't forget about all of the people behind the scenes making it work..it takes a lot to get these scenes shot, especially in the middle of NYC. I also met this really nice girl from Australia and we chatted a bit as we watched the filming. After that I went over to Wholefoods and scored some fresh Vegan Gingersnap cookies.. today was most definitely my day. Then got back to the Apartment where i preceded to unpack my groceries, take a hot shower, put some laundry inn, and now I'm sitting on my comfy futon watching the beautiful New York sky and a good movie.. life is good. God is better:) Tomorrow I'm headed over to Lee Strasberg Institute to put in for some acting classes and get some vegan yogurt and do Union Square. . Lesson 4, final lesson of the day: i love this city, I forget it sometimes when I'm in the middle of the hustle and bustle and not to mention tourist{ no offense}, yes this city has dirty parts, some dirty people, and not everything is perfect but this city is unlike any other city in the world. after all it is New York City:)

No comments:

Post a Comment