2.14.2010

Faith, Hope, and Love..but the greatest of these is Love...



Im pretty sure most people either have built up a total hatred for Valentines Day or a love for Valentines Day.. Most of the ones who hate it are single and the ones who really love it are taken of course. I actually don't have to much feeling about the holiday, I pretty much just do the same thing regardless of the fact that its Valentines Day. The only difference is the streets are filled with more couples than normal and there is a lot of pink and red going on. Plus chocolates and flowers like nobody's business. Of course the Flower shops and candy stores and the famed hallmark already know that:) One thing that I always find cute, I will admit is seeing a relatively old couple still together having a nice quiet lunch. It's cute because you can imagine they've been together for a million years ( in marriage terms ha.) and they know the bad and the good of each other and there still there sitting together enjoying each other. Everyone we meet has good and bad qualities, some things we like and some things we don't and to be able to stay with the same person out of a pure love for so many years - thats a well deserved valentines day date. I went to church today and the series the pastor is preaching on " Pure Sex" was pretty appropriate for Valentines Day- It was a great message then I headed to Blossom for lunch and thats where the little old couple sat enjoying each others company after all these years. Its a rare thing in todays society to stay together that long. kudos:) The other hand I don't mind being single on V day or having lunch alone. I think you have to be happy with you and enjoy your own company before you can invite anyone else into the picture- so that's just what I did, and it was a nice day:) I think having the most amazing love in the world given to me ( Jesus) makes me feel complete everyday- so I just use Valentines Day as a reminder of that.
What's pretty sad is how most single people on V-Day get all depressed that their " alone" don't have that one guy to send them flowers or make them feel special on this particular day. Make yourself feel special, enjoy the love of friendships and life.. not just boys.. I mean There are a few married folks and people dating that I know that I really admire there relationships. because there so pure and special between the two.. and for those of you blessed with that- I hope you enjoyed V-day with the special someone.. but for my fellow single friends out there I hope you had an equally amazing day and didn't let the day depress you but I hope it was a reminder of the great love of Christ and life in itself..

On another note, tried something new at Blossom today - a Seitan Sand. with cole slaw ( vegan of course) Huge .. so it works for 2 meals:)

No comments:

Post a Comment