1.03.2010

the big 19.


So it's becoming more and more difficult to keep this thing up to date, but I'll try to do better:)

ah today is my Birthday. I have to admit I'm not a huge birthday person. I mean I enjoy them but I never really do anything to exciting.. Just kind of give myself a relaxing day, do something small that I enjoy. I basically enjoyed some Babycakes ( possibly to much.. well I mean their can never be to much babycakes;) } and went to church. It was a really nice day:) The weather on the other hand. Freezing. with like heavy winds. It just cuts right through you. It's difficult to layer on clothes to go to the gym then take some off to work out then layer back on to go outside. ha. that in itself is quite a work out. New York City is still the greatest even when its freezing and snowing:)

This past week was pretty good- I came back from Florida on the 12/26 to kind of have a break before the internship started and school to enjoy the city. I've been just running around the city enjoying it. Even though I live up here I get caught up in getting to class, or getting groceries, or just moving to the next task that I don't really stop to appreciate this city.. but this past week I have. Every Part of Manhattan is different in some small way.. Things work differently on the Upper West Side then they do Downtown on Broome Street and I love being able to hop on a subway to explore each part within minutes..
A friend from high school was visiting family here in N.Y. and I got to go see her for a little bit at Rockefeller which was nice. always good to see a familiar face in such a big city:)

At church were starting a new Series for the year... "Knowing and Doing the Will of God"..
I was thinking about how most everyone whether they vocalize it or not has some type of "new years resolution" .. I think we as people are always promising to do better, be better, change something about ourselves to improve. Were always trying to reach perfection.. myself included.. But I think that if were always trying to be perfect we'll always end up disappointed in ourselves because we will always make mistakes and wont ever reach perfection. I don't want to sound negative but we Cannot reach perfection, HOWEVER we can reach Christ who is perfect. So I'm not one to have a new years resolution because I think that everyday is an opportunity to do the something you resolve to do, why wait until a New Year.. each day is the start of a new beginning.. if you choose for it to be. So for today and everyday I'm praying that I can Know and do the will of God. I think making every part of my life about God will make things unfold much more easily. .

So tomorrow is the last day before my internship at Rachael Ray starts on Tuesday.. I still can't believe that I got the internship and that its come so soon. I'm so excited to start:) Tomorrow though is another day to enjoy this city - as lovely as it is. Downtown to Babycakes, then to Union Square, these are the days my friends...these are the days...:)

In Christ,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment