10.18.2009

“And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.”


So this week the weather has really kicked my but. First I'm frozen, then rained on, then blown away by the wind, then a lovely combination of all three came for a visit today. ha is this what they call "fall"? I think not. *chuckle* Of course the weather doesn't make me feel any differently about NY its the greatest city still with it's obnoxious week of terrible weather. Today supposedly was the last "bad weather" day.. still will be nice a cool and getting colder as winter comes but without the rain ( which is what i dislike so much). Of course on the last bad weather day as I'm walking to the gym trying to convince myself that it is not cold and I'm warm (when its actually 40 degrees,windy, and rainy) my umbrella is torn apart by the wind, and my plastic bag carrying my gym clothes decides it has a whole in it, leaving all of my gym necessities lying helpless on the wet, DIRTY N.Y. streets. as goes life I suppose. Perhaps they all came at the same time to say goodbye- thats what I'll tell myself at least. ( I just rambled about weather for quite a while didn't I? )

Now that I've been all dramatic and depressing about the past weather I'll go on to a more positive note:) Im so excited that one of my best friends is coming up here in December to visit me for a week:)! It is going to be so much fun having her here! I'm already making lists of everything we have to do and what not- nothing like planning ahead :D ...

Life has been grand though. Its great being all situated and at home now here. Just let me say also though most of you haven't heard of "Amys Bread" they are the sweetest people ever and have amazing bread:) I go there everyday and its one of my favorite things in this city! Im still trying to decide what I want to do for school next semester as far as acting and all goes, but Im waiting to see what happens before then. It's exciting though, life is leaving me at the edge of my seat. I know that God has something great planned I just have no idea what it is. Sometimes it scares me to really have no idea what the days hold, not to be able to "plan" anything (not that our plans ever go how we want) but it also gives me a feeling of excitement - like anything could happen at any moment. Thats what makes this city so different, I guess some may look at New York as dirty and crowded but I look at it like an adventure a place full of opportunities, you never know who your standing next to, what chance waits for you here. I love that. It makes me feel alive and blessed to be here:) Jesus will bless and amaze us if we let him.

That s all for now i'll try to post again but this week is packed full of craziness (school, rehearsal, RACHAEL RAY SHOW (WOOHOO), a million little things to get done) BUT on the upside it isn't suppose to rain:)


"Most human beings are driven to seek security and comfort. But there is another group that can only thrive on change and the unexpected of New York."

No comments:

Post a Comment