10.28.2009

rain, wind, and dirty subways...


ah yes, what a lovely day it was. ha. Since I'm aiming on being positive I've chosen to look at this little day of mishaps as a funny thing. { its much funnier now that my tukus is parked on the futon with a warm blanket}. Let me take you back to this morning. Rain wasn't all to bad to begin, and the weather forecast promised that it was going to clear up as the day progressed. I think not. I had so many errands to get done today, plus an audition where you are suppose to look somewhat decent (obviously) So, i step outside into the pouring rain with a faulty umbrella (that cost me a whole $2.00) which is swept away by the wind and within minutes my whole body is drenched (shoes,socks,pants,shirt,backpack). Its cold, the wind is blowing my hair all over. blah. I make it down to 30th street (12 blocks) for my audition and pretty much look as bad as the weather but I went in did the whole sha-bang and left. I opted to take the subway since the weather was so horrid to union square to pick up a few things. I find that subways smell worse and are dirtier on rainy days.. maybe its because more people take them? Im a walker I hardly ever take the subway, but I do have that metro card tucked away in my wallet for days like this. So got my stuff and came back to the apartment took a hot shower and had a nap. Which was lovely:) The sunny side is that tomorrow is a promise of sun, and degrees in the 60's ... always love that.:)!

Everyone should be rooting for the YANKEES - if your not. shame on you!;)

In Christ,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment